- -->
  • Jelajahi

    Copyright © Congkasae.com
    Best Viral Premium Blogger Templates


    Labuan Bajo Airport Will Become an International Airport

    congkasae.com | Editor: Antonius Rahu
    14 Februari, 2020, 08:56 WIB Last Updated 2020-02-14T01:57:51Z
    Post ADS 1
    Post ADS 1
    Komodo Airpot, Graphic by congkasae.com/Antonius Rahu

    Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi said that in June, the Komodo airport in Labuan Bajo, Flores would get international status. previously the status would be granted in 2021.

    "We planned to give 2021 international status but I was scheduled to be Mr. Tama (Menparekraf) if possible faster. In June we declared Komodo Airport to be an international airport," Budi Karya said at the Maritime Ministry of Transportation, Central Jakarta, on Friday.

    Budi Karya said currently the runway of the Komodo airport is being extended so that it can support international flights.

    Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy (Menparekraf) Wishnutama Kusubandio hopes more foreign tourists enter Labuan Bajo through this airport. following Labuan Bajo became one of the priority tourist destinations.

    "This is an important moment for Labuan Bajo because it will get more foreign tourists. This is an important thing for the progress of Labuan Bajo," Wishnutama said.

    The government is known to have established a CAF consortium consisting of PT Cardig Aero Service (CAS), Changi Airports International Pte Ltd (CAI), and Changi Airports MENA Pte Ltd as the winners of the Komodo Airport project development in Labuan Bajo, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT)

    This consortium will invest an investment of Rp 1.23 trillion with an operational cost of Rp 5.7 trillion for 25 years or until 2044.

    The Minister of Transportation, Budi Karya Sumadi, said that although it was managed by a private party, the government did not sell the airport, but was managed under a concession scheme.

    "I emphasize that this airport is not for sale. The consortium only gets concession licenses for 25 years," Mr Sumadi said.

    The consortium formed an Implementing Business Entity (BUP) named PT Cinta Airport Flores (CAF). In the agency, Cardig Aero Service is the majority shareholder of 80 percent. Meanwhile, the remaining 20 percent is held by Changi Airports International and its affiliates.

    This cooperation uses the Government Cooperation scheme with Business Entity (KPBU). The scope of cooperation includes four things.

    First, design, build and finance the construction of air and land side facilities. From the air side, the consortium will extend and harden the runway.

    Then, the construction of land side facilities includes the expansion of domestic passenger terminals, construction of international passenger terminals, offices and buildings, and other supporting facilities.

    Second, the operational of Komodo Airport during the 25-year concession period.

    Third, the consortium is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the Komodo Airport facilities.

    Fourth, the obligation to surrender all infrastructure and facilities of Komodo Airport when the cooperation period ends.

    "Why do we do this? In order for the money that is supposed to be for the development of Labuan Bajo we can develop it for labuan or airports in Aceh, North Sulawesi, and so on," Mr Budi said.

    The inauguration of the collaboration was marked by the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on Friday (7/2).

    Previously, the government announced the Cardig-Changi consortium as the auction winner on Thursday (12/26).

    They succeeded in getting rid of two other consortia that submitted the bidding documents to the Ministry of Transportation.

    Author: Antonius Rahu
    Editor: Ninda

    Noted: You can also call Antonius Rahu for your gude in Flores by email him to [email protected] or Phone/WA +6282-342-994-060